Friday, September 3, 2010

In My Humble Opinion




I have tried this restaurant at least 4 times or maybe even 5.  The reason that I have gone back so often, is  because I really thought that there was something wrong with my taste buds and didn't want to believe that I  just didn't like the food.  The first time I went in was when they first opened and I wanted to give them a chance.  The owner was so pleasant and she even gave me a sample of their fried scallion pancakes, which were delicious, but my main course was beef and broccoli and it just didn't have the usual taste of Chinese food, it was very bland and uneventful.  Another time I tried the shrimp fried rice, which first of all was white, which took me by surprise and that was very bland also.  Then I thought I would try the mongolian beef and it was blah and overtaken by onions.  The boneless barbecued honey ribs had a hint of honey and  a rubbery consistency. 



The one thing that I can give this restaurant is that it has a lovely decor, which is a high-end upgrade from Lucky Gardens, which looked like some hole in the wall Chinese restaurant.  You could always count on getting your nutritional value of vegetables at Lucky Gardens, because they gave you more carrots and pea's than fried rice and their chicken wings looked like they came from the Flintstones diner or maybe they were injected with steroids.  Needless to say the  House of Chang, in my humble opinion just doesn't do it for me, but I will say one thing, they have excellent customer service.






Now this is one of my favorite restaurants.  Chipotle just saying the name makes your mouth water.  Their burritos are so good and nutritional and everything is made fresh and most of their beans are organic.  You know mostly everybody in neighborhood nine is into health and fitness and wouldn't settle for anything less (I hope I don't offend anybody, that is not my intention, but it is what it is ). My favorite is the chicken and steak bowls, where you can get mounds of good toppings like, salsa, hot or mild, guacamole, cheese, beans, vegetables and the list goes on.  I want to give you a hint on something at Chipotle.  I think the regular price of a chicken bowl is $6.35, that's with all the toppings, but if just get the chicken with rice and cheese it only cost $4.65, now that is what I am talking about.  So if you have time and want a quick and really tasty meal try Chipotle it's located on 227 Alewife Brook Pky, Cambridge, MA    

Bon Appetite!



No comments:

Post a Comment