Saturday, September 11, 2010

They are Finally Here!

I have been waiting so long for the new MBTA apps and they are finally here.   I bought the app MassTransit about 8 months ago for my iTouch.  It works even better now that they have real time.  These tools are absolutely a necessity living in neighborhood nine, because you know that the buses do not run that frequent in our area and forget about Saturday's and Sunday's you might as well get on a donkey, because you will get to Harvard Sq. faster.  I am a walker, so the app is very handy for me, when I am late for an appointment or want to get into work real early.  I was saying to myself the other day "I hope this doesn't make me lazy and then I start taking the bus for convenience".   Naw I put that right out of my head real quick, and started my mantra,  "I am not going to submit to the MBTA",   "I am not going to submit to the MBTA".   I tried  Nextbus yesterday,  I like it , because I can use it on my blackberry and it's free.  I think I paid $3.99 for MassTransit for my iTouch, but if their is no wifi available, you can't get real time, but it keeps an updated bus schedule, which works for me.   

 I haven't tried any of the others, but if I do or if you do,  let me know the pros and cons  Today I just noticed that they have schedule apps too.  So go to http://www.mbta.com/rider_tools/apps/ and check them out.


No comments:

Post a Comment